Is there a quota limit for Apigee Management APIs?

We were running performance tests/QA automation for our application that makes a number of management API calls. Intermittently, we seem to be encountering Unauthorized responses. There seems to be no pattern to these failures so we are thinking that there might be a quota limit being breached here.

Are there any quota limits for management APIs? If not, is there any way we can trace or find logs for failed management API calls in Apigee Edge?

Solved Solved
0 3 287
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, there are enforced limits for the Apigee API, for X and hybrid.  These limits are described in the limits documentation.  Are you using X or hybrid?

But I believe that when you reach the limit, you get a 429 response code.  Not 401.  I may be wrong about this. I haven't tested it. 

Are you sending more than 6000 requests per minute, across all your systems in that Apigee organization?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, there are enforced limits for the Apigee API, for X and hybrid.  These limits are described in the limits documentation.  Are you using X or hybrid?

But I believe that when you reach the limit, you get a 429 response code.  Not 401.  I may be wrong about this. I haven't tested it. 

Are you sending more than 6000 requests per minute, across all your systems in that Apigee organization?

hello,

have you figured this out? I am facing the same. getting 401 after many calls (in the thousands perhaps) to apigee api mgmt interface  (we are using on-prem OPDK)

AFAIK there is no rate limit enforced with OPDK, and even if there is, you would be able to adjust it - it's your own server. 

On the other hand, you said "401".  That's unauthorized.  I think maybe your token has expired after using it for some time.  That's not what you would get with a rate limit.  So, please check that your credentials are still valid. If you are making thousands of calls to the Admin API in OPDK, and after "some time" you start receiving 401, it's probably token expiration.  Introduce logic to check for and handle the 401 by refreshing the token, and you should be able to avoid this problem. 

good luck!