Is it possible to use the same OpenID for a mobile application published in 3 different countries (Australia, UK,Ireland)? If so how do we use it?

0 3 96
3 REPLIES 3

You asked this question yesterday.

I'm having trouble making sense of the question.

The short answer is "Yes, you can do that." But that probably is not helpful to you.

"How do we use it?" The answer to this seems to be, "Use it like any othert app."

Lacking a MORE SPECIFIC SET OF REQUIREMENTS in the question, it will be difficult to provide answers that are helpful to you.

Sorry.

Thanks
So you mean to say that I can use the same Open ID in my apps across the locations. Is there a specific cost included for using the same open ID or how does it works if we use 3 different open ID's?

I can use the same Open ID in my apps across the locations.

I think so? I can't imagine what would prevent that. OpenID Connect is just a protocol; if you have an identity provider that supports the protocol, there's nothing that prevents you from logging in from Australia or Ireland or both.

Is there a specific cost included for using the same open ID or how does it works if we use 3 different open ID's?

I think you are asking about charges for OpenID Connect providers. I don't know if Open ID Connect providers charge differently for their service, if you use them from different geographies. I think you are talking about using Okta, or Ping, or some other OIDC provider. And I'm no expert in the licensing and entitlement on those products. I think maybe you might need to ask in a different forum, not on the Apigee community forum.

Maybe I am completely misunderstanding your question.

Maybe you are asking if Apigee API proxies can integrate with multiple distinct OpenID Connect providers. And the answer to that is yes, and there is no "charge" for integrating with multiple distinct OpenID Connect providers.