Is it possible to create virtual host with the wild card subdomain alias?

I want to create a virtual host with a wild card alias. Can some tell me if this is possible? Also, do we need to add wild card alias using management API only? As I was trying to update a virtual host and was trying to add another host alias with wild card subdomain like *.abc.com, but Apigee UI says the format is not correct. But if I add only abc.com, it accepts.

Kindly suggest and let me know the solution and where I am going wrong.

0 3 424
3 REPLIES 3

No - a virtual host needs at least one fixed (non-wildcard) host alias. You can specify multiple host aliases. You CAN use a wildcard certificate.

What problem do you need to solve? Maybe there's something else we can suggest?

Hi Dino, thanks for the confirmation that there should be at least one fixed host alias. Though, I am trying to edit the existing virtual host which already has one fixed host alias.

When I try to add a fixed alias, it allows me, please check the attached screenshot - non-wildcard.jpg

But when I try to add a wildcard alias, it shows an invalid format error. Please check the attached screenshot for the same - wildcard-alias.jpg

So my requirement is also simple. I need to add a wildcard alias and use a wildcard certificate for non-production environment for one of the client.

@Dino-at-Google could you please help more on this?