Is it possible to create a secure VPN Tunnel between client and APIGEE?

Hi

I am looking into an option of creating a secure VPN tunnel between one of our service that calls APIGEE.

Requirement: Service can not surface auth token over internet. Thus to securely pass it to APIGEE, I am looking into a possibility of creating a secure VPN tunnel between the service and APIGEE.

Is that possible to do so? If yes, how to achieve this.

@dchiesa1 @ssvaidyanathan @sgilson 

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @shubham90 

Sure, it is feasible ONLY to Hybrid, to set up a VPN between Apigee & end-users.

You could look into Open VPN Server-like software to spin up the VPN server at the Apigee side. After that, as a result, end-users will need some VPN clients, e.g. they could use Postman & any other clients to send requests to your Apigee through VPN.

thanks, 

regards,

That is great, it will be great if you can you share any documentation which talks about how to spin up VPN server at the Apigee side.

@shubham90 - Can you provide more info. Is this for Apigee Edge, OPDK, hybrid or Apigee X? Instead of VPN, why not consider mutual TLS? 

It is needed for Apigee Edge, I am also checking mutual TLS solution, if it can serve as a solution or not. But VPN tunnel will definitely work and that is why exploring on that right now.

@shubham90 - VPN is not supported in Apigee Edge. Apigee Edge being a SaaS solution will not allow any infra add-ons for such setup. So mTLS is your best bet and thats how many customers achieve what you have asked for. For more info check the docs here