Is it possible to add additional Organizations to an existing paid account?

Not applicable

We want to explore the possibility of creating different organizations within our paid apigee account that more closely mirror our business.

At the current time, we have a structure like:

Production Organization: <OurBusiness>

Test Env Organization: <OurBusiness-nonprod>

Due to the fact that our proxies in the original organization seem to be growing at a exponential rate, and we are granting more and more people access to our Organization for development/deployment who really only need access to a small subset of the proxies there, would it be possible to add additional organizations to the original above as our independent Departments start asking for their own proxy development i.e.:

Production Organization: <OurBusiness-groupName(1)>

Test Env Organization: <OurBusiness-groupName(1)-nonprod>

Production Organization: <OurBusiness-groupName(N)>

Test Env Organization: <OurBusiness-groupName(N)-nonprod>

Where "groupName(.) would be an actual name (i.e. accounting, security, etc - OurBusiness-accounting, or OurBusiness-security)

If this is possible, what are the limits to the number of organizations that can be associated with the account? Are there any additional costs that this would entail? Are there any best practices to consider?

Also, is it possible to use an OAuth Service across organizations?

i.e. we would like to have one Authorization proxy (OAuth/OAuthV2) in a single (parent) Organization. All the other Organizations would use it but still maintain their own "Developer Apps" and "Products"?

I'm pretty sure its not possible as the "Developer Apps" id and secret seem to be Organization specific, but I thought I would double check anyway...

2 2 124
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, it is possible to add additional organizations.

Yes, there is a limit.

Yes, there is an additional cost if you exceed thelimit.

No, it is not possible to use a single OAuth token across organizations. OAuth works the same, and you could use the same user authentication service in oauth token dispensaries deployed to different organizations. But a token issued for org1 will not be valid for a proxy deployed in org2.

It is possible to "import" tokens into Apigee Edge, though, so that might cover what you want.

Really, though, I think you and I should talk!

dchiesa@apigee.com

I will send you an email.

Hi,

Is there a link on how to add additional organization to a paid account?

Thanks,

Kumud