Is Adding a DC is best possible approach to have a DR setup for Edge Private cloud env?

Not applicable

Is Adding a DC is best possible approach to have a DR setup for Edge Private cloud env?

0 3 286
3 REPLIES 3

@satish chandra j - I know everyone hates to hear it but "it depends" If you are deploy into a private cloud environment that has multiple AZ's then you can build out the topology to take advantage of those capabilities. In cases where you do not have features like this then yes adding an additional DC is the simplest way to add DR capabilities. IF you want to describe more of what you are trying to accomplish and your environment in particular we can add more specific advice. Hope that helps.

Hi Christin,

Currently we have 13 hosts cluster for Primary DC and now we are setup a 9 hosts cluster for Secondary DC ( 3 nodes having (Cassandra & Zookeeper), 2 nodes having (Router & Message) Processor , 4 nodes each for Postgres server, Qpid server, Managment Server & Edge UI and OpenLDAP ). We are planning to have Active/Active approach as in Apigee Multi-DC. Here my concern is if we turn off the Primary DC for a while and use only Secondary DC as it happens during Disaster and later post fail back we will make Primary Active. In this scenario do you see any risks.Please let me know if any further details needed.

What does you 13 node cluster look like and keep in mind you will need to maintain ZK Quorum ?