Intellisense for Apigee Proxy editor

This is my first Apigee question 🙂

I wonder if Apigee supports autocomplete while editing the proxies' XML.

So instead of referring to the Docs to search for the XML tag name, attributes, possible values...etc. we can hit Ctrl+Space to list the possible tags in the cursor caret context.

Say for eg :- I want to read "SharedFlowBundle" property/attribute of a sharedflow.

Secondly if i want to check if there multiple conditional flows implemented and force the user to implement invalid flow path check.

Please help me with solution at the earliest.

Thanks!!

0 2 216
2 REPLIES 2

This github repository contains official XSD schemas for policies and proxies.

https://github.com/apigee/api-platform-samples/tree/master/schemas/policy

You can use your favourite IDE to configure them and IDE's XML editor would be able to autocomplete tags and attributes.

To use an IDE to author/refactor proxy code is actually a good idea from the SDLC point of view, as you would need to keep your code under VCS like github and 'fit' it into your CI/CD process anyway.

The more experienced with Apigee you become, the more time you spend 'off-line' editing your code. You push/deploy your code from your terminal or IDE. Then you use Edge UI for tracing/tweaking the code while debugging it.

Thanks for taking time to answer this question. My query is i want to know what all methods are available say for eg i want to access Name of the Step in a given flow which has been added within Flows for a proxy.

So if through intellisense i can get the list of methods..it becomes easier. Hope my question is clear now.