Installing OPDK, management-server failed to answer on 127.0.0.1 port 8080

Not applicable

Any ideas on how to resolve this ? I am trying to install menagement-server on the latest apigee ?

Updating Keyspace: user_settings

update KEYSPACE user_settings WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:3};

apigee-service: edge-management-server: edge-management-server is not running

apigee-configutil: edge-management-server: # OK

apigee-service: edge-management-server: Not running (NO_LOCKFILE)

apigee-service: edge-management-server: status=2, continuing

apigee-service: edge-management-server: OK

apigee-service: edge-management-server: edge-management-server is running

Checking for management-server on 127.0.0.1 port 8080

management-server failed to answer on 127.0.0.1 port 8080.

Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

P.s.
1. The hostnames on each of the servers are set to the private IP, and not the default 127.0.0.1.
2. SeLinux is disabled
3. Firewall is disabled
4. MyConfig file does not have any ip reference to 127.0.0.1

Thanks !

0 2 829
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Sava,

Check that in your machine, `hostname -i` resolves to the machine's IP address, and not 127.0.0.1 as a place to start:

"hostname -i returns the IP address for the hostname that can be addressed from other machines." - http://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/installation-requirements#networksetting

Also, make sure that there were no errors at install time that could prevent the system to start up.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Hey Ricardo,

Thank you for the response. The hostname was already preset. What turned out to be the problem, and I am a complete newbie when it comes to Apigee, but when installing the 5 host cluster apigee Edge architecture, before you do Management UI on the first node, you have to install all the other components on each of the other nodes individually. Doing this solved the error and resolved the menagmenet host.

The weird part was that I assumed the same, as it appears to be a network error. However, all the network components were wide open and set, hence I re-did the installation and it resolved the error.

Best,