Installing Apigee 1601

Not applicable

Hi all i am installing the apigee ver. 16.01. I have the following doubt :

I am following the readme production file

2. To start the Edge installation process, download the boootstrap.sh file from the Apigee ftp site:

> curl https://software.apigee.com/bootstrap.sh -o /tmp/bootstrap.sh -u uName

Use your Apigee ftp credentials for the uName and pWord in the command.
You will then be prompted to enter the password

3. Install the Edge “apigee-service” utility and dependencies:

> bash /tmp/bootstrap.sh apigeeuser=uName apigeepassword=pWord

Use your Apigee ftp credentials for the uName and pWord in the command.

4. Use apigee-service to install the “apigee-setup” utility:

> /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service apigee-setup install

5. Use apigee-setup to install and configure Edge components on the node.

See the “Edge Install and Configuration Guide” for more.

All fine till step 4, but now about step 5 is not clear how proceed. Someone can address me to next step?

Thank you
Cosimo

0 9 352
9 REPLIES 9

The README file has only the briefest install instructions. You really need the Install Guide available on the Apigee ftp site: ftp://ftp.apigee.com/ to complete the installation.

If you were able to download the bootstrap.sh file, use the same credentials to access the ftp site and download the doc.

Stephen

i have already download the doc but is huge and there is no way to understand the next step...is like guide but not a delivery note that address u step by step.

The install doc is big, I agree. But Edge can be installed on a system as small as a single node and as big or bigger than one with 13 nodes, so the install doc has to account for every scenario.

It looks like you have apigee-service installed, so your next step is to write a config file for your specific installation type. That is described in the section "Install Edge components on a node". Included in that section is an example config file for each installation type.

If this is your first installation, you can watch a video if an all-in-one install here. That might make the process easier.

Stephen

Hi @stephen i am following the "Install Edge components on a node" so i have created the following config file and ran the first command line but i have an error.

Complete!
Validating setup variables
Checking for required variables
Checking required variable ZK_HOSTS...Not Defined
Checking required variable HOSTIP...OK
Checking required variable RUN_USER...OK
Checking required variable RUN_GROUP...OK

Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

Here instead the config file

APIGEE_ADMINPW=Accenture.dev
MP_POD=gateway
REGION=dc-1
APIGEE_PORT_HTTP_MS=8080
MSIP=40.76.223.5
ADMIN_EMAIL=cosimo.del.plato@accenture.com

Do u have any idea about this error?

Thank you

Cosimo

Hi @stephen i am following the "Install Edge components on a node" so i have created the following config file and ran the first command line but i have an error.

Complete!
Validating setup variables
Checking for required variables
Checking required variable ZK_HOSTS...Not Defined
Checking required variable HOSTIP...OK
Checking required variable RUN_USER...OK
Checking required variable RUN_GROUP...OK

Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

Here instead the config file

APIGEE_ADMINPW=Accenture.dev
MP_POD=gateway
REGION=dc-1
APIGEE_PORT_HTTP_MS=8080
MSIP=40.76.223.5
ADMIN_EMAIL=cosimo.del.plato@accenture.com

Do u have any idea about this error?

Thank you

Cosimo

Hi Cosimo,

That is not a complete config file. Are you installing Edge on a single node, called an "all-in-one" install? If so, the file should look like this:

# With SMTP
IP1=IPorDNSnameOfNode
HOSTIP=$(hostname -i)
ADMIN_EMAIL=opdk@apigee.com
APIGEE_ADMINPW=Secret123
LICENSE_FILE=/tmp/license.txt
MSIP=$IP1
LDAP_TYPE=1
APIGEE_LDAPPW=secret
BIND_ON_ALL_INTERFACES=y
MP_POD=gateway
REGION=dc-1
ZK_HOSTS="$IP1"
ZK_CLIENT_HOSTS="$IP1"
CASS_HOSTS="$IP1"
SKIP_SMTP=n
SMTPHOST=smtp.example.com
SMTPUSER=smtp@example.com  
# omit for no username
SMTPPASSWORD=smtppwd    
# omit for no password
SMTPSSL=n
SMTPPORT=25

If you are installing for a different configuration, you can see example config files on this page:

http://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/install-edge-components-node#orderofcomponentinstallatio...

Also, the video page I mentioned above contains an example config file that you can look at.

Stephen

Any idea on this error? also if u use different ip appying the ip of my machine i see service not available

Execution exception[[ConnectException: Connection refused: /10.15.0.4:8080 to http://10.15.0.4:8080

/v1/users/cosimo.del.plato@accenture.com/authenticateAndGetExpiry]]
at play.api.Application$class.handleError(Application.scala:296) ~[com.typesafe.play.play_2.11-2.3.4.jar:2.3.4]

Not applicable

HI all, i still have problemi with installation.

I am installing but i dont see the directoyy apigee-setup. In attachment the log till now.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Cosimo