Inserting data in BQ using connector in Apigee-X integration?

Hello Folks,

I'm learning Apigee-X Integration where I'm able to fetch data from bigquery datasets using a connector. Now, next, I'm facing an issue in My use case is to implement a Big-Query connector in Apigee-X integration by which I want to insert data in a blank table that is already there in Big-Query.

Any suggestion would be of great help! Thanks

0 2 390
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there,

Your question is quite broad so for now I'll just provide you a starting point. It sounds like you might have already found it, but you can find documentation here on how to create the BigQuery Connector and more documentation here on how to configure a Connector task. You'll want to use the connectorInputPayload input parameter to create data within the empty table you described. If you are calling an Integration API Trigger from within your proxy, you'll need to configure a SetIntegrationRequest policy.

I hope this helps you get started. If you have another question or issue while implementing this integration feel free to create another post in this community.

When you use the Connector Task in Apigee Integration, it will prompt you for the Region, the connection, and then will give you a choice of Entities or Actions.  If you select Entities, you should see a list of all the tables in that dataset that you have access to, and your blank table should be included in this list.  Select your table, and then select the Insert Operation.  

The Connector task will create input and output variables according to the operation you chose, so as ravenhedden mentioned, you can use the data mapper to map to the connectorInputPayload to fill out the column values as per your requirements.  The connection task will use the connectorInputVariable values to insert the data to the table at runtime.