InitialEntries in KVM gets stored in KVM?

Hi, I am following this video Manage access using KVM scope

here are my queries.

- in the first proxy I initialled the entries k1 with value v1 and in the scope I just keep environment (which is default), Now:

- I run the proxy and check in the trace and can't find if k1 got value v1,

- I check kvm_scope_demo mapidentifier in KVM section but there are no records for that

- I create another proxy and try to get the value of k1 , still no luck.

- as per the demo shown in the video it seems fine but when I try with <scope>apiproxy</scope> or <scope>environment</scope>, there are no difference.

What could be the issue in my implementation? I have sucessfully completed other labs of KVM.

Solved Solved
0 3 183
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi

you mentioned "this video" but we are not clear on which video you are watching.

I think i understand the problem you are facing, but I'm not clear on why that would be.

To answer the question in your title: yes, InitialEntries is intended to be stored in the KVM. However, it's a demo feature. Really the KVM should be provisioned administratively, independent of the API Proxy.

I recommend you do it that way. The core use case of the KVM is to get and put data, and that InitialEntries thing was always somewhat odd, and adjacent to the main purpose.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

hi

you mentioned "this video" but we are not clear on which video you are watching.

I think i understand the problem you are facing, but I'm not clear on why that would be.

To answer the question in your title: yes, InitialEntries is intended to be stored in the KVM. However, it's a demo feature. Really the KVM should be provisioned administratively, independent of the API Proxy.

I recommend you do it that way. The core use case of the KVM is to get and put data, and that InitialEntries thing was always somewhat odd, and adjacent to the main purpose.

Manage access using KVM scope is the video link. when I edit the questions youtube loads the video well but when I view the question the vidoe gets skipped.

make sense and thanks for the clarifiation. I did try with get and put which worked well.