In Clustered Edge silent installation does other nodes present in config file need to be up?

Not applicable

In Clustered Edge silent installation does other nodes present in config file need to be up?

I am referring the steps given in Apigee Edge for Private Cloud v4.16.01 Install and Configuration Guide. In 5 node clustered installation steps says to install Datastore on node 1, 2 & 3 while keeping IP or DNSNAMES of node 1, 2 & 3. Now if I try to install Datastore on node 1 with config file set with IP of node 1 and some incorrect DNSNAMES of node 2 & 3 through following command.

/opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p ds -f configfile

then it fails. I don't have the exact failing error right now but just want to confirm, is it because incorrect values passed for node 2 & 3 in config file?

0 2 108
2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Just curious if you have tried with just one IP address in your config file (change the IP address) on nodes 1, 2 & 3? I am not sure if it tries to reach out to the other nodes during the "ds" component install. @archendra any thoughts?

Not applicable

Hi there!

Yes, we do have a validation in place to check the values defined in silent conf. AS far as Cassandra cluster is concerned, all three nodes need to be available to get the installation going. Hope this helps.