Implementation of Pagination in apigee.

I am trying to implement pagination in apigee

I followed the steps described below. If there is any thing we can do in a better way, please guide me.

(Proxy 1)

=======

1. I created a proxy which will bring all data from back end and attach Response cache to it which taking unique identifier as a key and storing object in cache.

(Proxy 2)

=======

2. I created proxy two and set target url as (proxy 1) and getting all the records and filtering using a JavaScript policy.

(Q) what precautions do i need to take while filtering records using the javascript policy?

(Q) I am planning to implement traffic Management in this proxy. How can i implement it.

Note: It is a multi user environment.

0 2 1,252
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Dinesh.

What you're doing sounds reasonable.

Connecting Proxy2 to Proxy 1 via a LocalTargetConnection might make things perform better.

I cannot think of any special considerations for filtering (and/or shaping) records using JavaScript. The usual considerations apply: minimize creation of objects. Avoid unnecessary logging and printing. Etc.

Traffic Management will work in the normal way, of course.

My friend Anil has done a great job with the video series covering Traffic Management, which you can find here.

Ok can u suggest me which is the best way to implement pagination and what traffic management polices give better performance.

Note:How can i minimize the object creation in response cachce?

1.In proxy1 I am caching the response using response cache here how many new user allowed to acess the proxy that much object it will create and Size limit of a cached item value: 512 KB if size exceed what will happen.