How to restore organization

Hello, 

I created and deleted a test organization (Apigee X in GCP) using the Terraform module (https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-foundation-fabric/tree/master/modules/apigee), the organization was created with the retention= DELETION_RETENTION_UNSPECIFIED option, so it takes 7 days to be deleted.

I would like to be able to continue testing but it does not let me create a new organization and I cannot find a way to recover the deleted organization.

How can I restore a deleted organization?

Thank you,
Greetings!!!

Solved Solved
0 6 688
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to open a support ticket to get details on restoring deleted organization. And I assume this in not Eval org, as Eval orgs are deleted immediately. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You need to open a support ticket to get details on restoring deleted organization. And I assume this in not Eval org, as Eval orgs are deleted immediately. 

Thanks

Thanks @ganadurai,

Correct, the organization is PAYG.

I can´t open a ticket because the service is basic, is there another way to solve it?

Gretting!

Unfortunately Support is the only way to get deleted org restored, this function is not enabled for self-support.

Thanks
Gana

thank you, I will talk to support

According to GCP Support in our case:

Apigee organization deletions are a soft-delete as per [1] meaning the organization and its data is retained for 7 days.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/reference/apis/apigee/rest/v1/organizations/delete#deletionrete...

If you wish for immediate deletion, please respond affirmatively to this Case indicating: "I authorize Apigee to immediately delete the organization and all associated data for Apigee organization ...".

So if you don't have a support subscription then you may be able to wait 7 days until the org is completely deleted, and then you should be able to rebuild it after that. 

Thank you @donjmilligan, but the organization has already been deleted.