How to get Automate Sharepoint Metdata Fields values

Not applicable

One of my requirement for Microsoft dynamic CRM is to create an automatic folder structure in Sharepoint.

I have been able to create the folder structure from CRM using rest API services provided by SharePoint.

Now the next task is for every created folder I must have its names in the metadata field values.

For examples :

Folder A -- metaData FolderName - "Folder A" / subFolder --- metaData SubFolderName - "subFolder" -FileA --- metaData No - "subFolder"

If the user uploads anything in subfolder than its field value should be also a name of sub folder.

I have even managed to create metadata field values from SharePoint Rest API triggered in CRM. however, the solution is not 100% since when the user uploads a file in SharePoint I don't have any way to know if the file is uploaded.

So I need something in SharePoint Workflow, when folders are created and if the user uploads a file in some folder its field value is automatically added by the current folder name or from its parent folder.

Is this possible from within CRM since I have its rest Calls working whenever I create the folder I am adding the metadata. But when the user uploads a file it may have a default value?

Thank-you any solution would work from SharePoint or CRM.

0 1 187
1 REPLY 1

Hi

Is there any use of Apigee in your system?

This is an Apigee-oriented community. We don't answer Sharepoint-specific questions here.