How to export JSON delimited in Big query with NULL values

Have you guys ever faced an issue while saving results (export) of a GA4 query in BigQuery as JSONL (delimited) where columns containing NULLS were removed in the JSON downloaded; which can also be noticed post uploading it as a table (upload -> JSONL) and querying. Yet another thing I’ve noticed was that the sequence of the columns after importing were different compared to the original table before exporting. Has anyone faced this issue? If so, I’d appreciate how you found a way around and how can one download and re-upload a JSON with the schema integrity.

P.S: If you are wondering why would one download and re-upload a JSONL, it was just to see if an option was viable other than being in the google cloud ecosystem. Also to be a bit more specific about the NULLS being removed, I meant let’s say float_value or double_value from GA4 Bigquery export(event_params) being eliminated if they were all NULLs Thanks a ton in advance

• Columns containing NULLs were removed. I expected it to retain the data structure like json local.
  • The sequence of the columns after importing were different / changed compared to pre-export.
0 1 301
1 REPLY 1

You might want to try asking this in the Data Analytics forum.

This forum is dedicated to Apigee and related topics. If there are any BigQuery experts here in this forum, it is purely accidental.