How to consume third party APIs using APIgee?

Not applicable

Hi,

I am new to APIgee and looking to manage third party APIs through it. I am not sure where to start from. We have 3-4 third parties which will be pushing data to our system. It is very simple.

Can any one help me with the correct documentation for this?

0 3 1,436
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Aashish Adhikari, for creating API Proxies & consuming 3rd party APIs, we can use Apigee Create Proxy option. Please have a look at the below getting-started guide, which shows steps wise execution of how to connect to a 3rd party mocking service as an example.

https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/get-started/get-started

Hi @Siddharth, Thank you for the direction. Actually, I have already followed the steps. Let me list some of my confusions.

1. In the Proxy Details step, does "Existing API" mean the third party API endpoint? I was assuming it is the address of the API access that the proxy makes to the internal system.

2. In the Security step, which option to select as the API auth keys and where does this selection impact? I am asking this because the third party API we will be integrating provides us with API Authentication keys.

Yes, Existing API mean the third party API endpoint.

For the second question, as your 3rd party API is providing API keys, you can skip the security options & simply select pass through proxy. If required we can add these security after creating the proxy also.

If you want to utilize Apigee analytics then it is highly recommended to use Apigee API key & OAuth security. This is a whole different topic, if required we can discuss more on it.