How to Delete Quota Policy

Hi,

I've attached a Quota Policy to my proxy. It is working as expected, that means once quota limit reached, api start throwing error with 429 status code.

But now I want to remove it. Problem is even after removing it from flow, api still throws error with 429 status code. My question is:

• Is it right way to revoke/cancel/delete any policy(Quota) from proxy ?
  • My policy is set with synchronous attribute to false, so is it takes time to reflect the removal of the policy from proxy ?
  • I tried setting enabled to false on Quota policy, but that doesn't work too.
  • I don't see any documentation regarding removing the policy from proxy. Can you please share if there is any.

Thanks.

0 2 218
2 REPLIES 2

Most likely you may be hitting cache & that's why you may see the behaviour..Message processor  cache the product information for 180sec. Some good read across the api product  https://docs.apigee.com/api-platform/publish/create-api-products

Problem is even after removing it from flow, api still throws error with 429 status code.

The first thing I would suggest: make sure you've re-deployed the version of the proxy that does not include the Quota policy. If you have removed the policy and saved the proxy, that does not deploy the new revision of the proxy! So please check that.

Then, if you're seeing this unexpected 429 result in a browser, check the browser cache, or other caches, as API Evangelist suggested above. You can either use the browser-specific multi-key handshake to resend the request and avoid the cache (This varies by browser, google for the keystrokes that you need for your particular browser). 

I tried setting enabled to false on Quota policy, but that doesn't work too.

Yes, that also works. But again: if you make a change in the policy configuration and then save the proxy, it does not automatically redeploy. so please check that you have redeployed the version of the proxy that has the updates you want to use.

By the way, in case it is necessary to state, this requirement to redeploy is true, with any modification to the API Proxy. It's not limited to modifications of the Quota policy.  If you add or remove ANY policy, or change ANY policy, and then save the proxy, you need to redeploy it, before  those updates will be "effective".