How do i export and import content from developer portal

Not applicable

I had a out of box, apigee responsive theme applied on my developer portal when i installed initially.

I had another poc instance of developer portal running with shoot theme. management decided to go with shoot theme portal. I kept all chagnes related to /sites/all folder only. I have imported all modules and theme from poc dev portal. and i have exported db dump and imported to new dev portal.

new dev portal now working fine and running on shoot theme. but i lost all content created with previous theme portal. I think it is due to db import, if import the old backup i could see all content are there but then theme dont work. so question is how do i export and import contents in developer portal??

Please help this is stopping my dev team.

Solved Solved
0 4 631
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Pravin ,

There are multiple ways to solve this problem,

• Do the migration of existing database & new codebase, Re-Enable the theme & configuration.
  • Migrate the content using module "Node Export" that is available out of the box in developer portal. You need to enable the module from "admin/modules" page.

Keep us posted if any.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Pravin ,

There are multiple ways to solve this problem,

• Do the migration of existing database & new codebase, Re-Enable the theme & configuration.
  • Migrate the content using module "Node Export" that is available out of the box in developer portal. You need to enable the module from "admin/modules" page.

Keep us posted if any.

I have trying 2nd option (Node Export)

I was able to restore basic pages.

but we are not able to restore "Soap Sevice" pages it as a custom content type. how do i restore custome content type ???

@Pravin , You can export custom content type nodes too, Check config option under that content type.

i dont see config option under content-type to export.

3347-contenttype.png