How do YOU manage sandbox for developers?

Hi there

My context: I'm a APIGEE Edge SaaS user. I have 2 different organizations, one for non prod and one for production. Each organisation has at least 2 environments.

I was wondering how you manage a sandbox for your consumers: as a developer that will consume your API, I would like to be able to develop my application by calling a non prod API target during the development phase (mainly to not be charged back for these calls, etc...).

As the portal developer does NOT allow cross org registration, do you have multiple dev portals or do you host your "sandbox" environment in the same organisation as the "production" environment?

Thank you for your feedbacks

Solved Solved
1 2 533
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is what we recommend. This would be for Apigee X. It's a little simpler for Apigee Edge. 

screenshot-20211108-070438.png

In short, treat your "sandbox" as production. That allows you to use a single devportal for prod/prod and prod/sandbox. You could even use the same proxies in sandbox and prod; maybe just use different target servers.  The non-prod environments support your SDLC stages.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This is what we recommend. This would be for Apigee X. It's a little simpler for Apigee Edge. 

screenshot-20211108-070438.png

In short, treat your "sandbox" as production. That allows you to use a single devportal for prod/prod and prod/sandbox. You could even use the same proxies in sandbox and prod; maybe just use different target servers.  The non-prod environments support your SDLC stages.

Interesting diagram .. and as I was thinking: one prod org for both.

Thank you!