How do I configure Proxy for the backend service with OAuth 1.0?

Not applicable

My Backend service uses OAuth 1.0, I have Consumer Key and Secrete, how to configure proxy service for the backend services and How to generate Oauth_Signature for the backend service using HMAC-SHA1 oauth_signature_method. If possible if anyone have ever done anything like this before please share the proxy bundle.

Solved Solved
1 8 504
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

I Just solved this problem by using APIGEE java callout policy, using Signpost a external 3rd party jar for establishing connecting with endPoint using OAuth1.0. and signpost establishes connection with the endpoint and I can extract the response from the endpoint using extract message policy.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Gokulakrishnan, Depending on how you have things setup, you may be able to call your authentication service using a ServiceCallout policy and then append the token information into the request. Also there is this https://github.com/apigee/iloveapis2015-hmac-httpsignature/tree/master/hmac If these don't help, you may want to post some more details about the solution you need such as if you intend to have traffic go both through Apigee and directly to the backend. Also as a caution, keep in mind the amount of overhead that can be generated by some of the possible solutions for each call. If this helped please mark as answer for others. Thanks!

Hi @JP Aragon I have the same similar problem.I have all 4 keys(consumer key and secret ,token key and secret) that can be used to generate signature.All i need is to take these keys as input pass onto to something that can generate sig,nonce,time all which are required for Oauth 1.0 and send them with each incoming request. Your help is really appriacted .got struct in this for a while now.I could not find anything solid .

Hi @archana there is a community article on this that may help. https://community.apigee.com/questions/23551/builtin-oauth10-functionality.htm

If this won't work for you, outline where you run into an issue.

Hi,i did refer to this link.The thing i need not go through step1 to 3.I already have consumer key secrete ,oauth token key and secrete keys with me.All i need to do take those keys from request uri and generate the whole Authorization header with required set of keys and pass it along with every request to target.Could you please tell me how i could aciheve this?

please ask new questions with the "ASK A QUESTION" button

3567-click-here.png

Not applicable

Hi,

Is it possible to get access to the internal variable which is populated with the signature for OAuth1.0 signature validation? If that is possible , we can use that value to send across to Outbound systems.

Not applicable

I Just solved this problem by using APIGEE java callout policy, using Signpost a external 3rd party jar for establishing connecting with endPoint using OAuth1.0. and signpost establishes connection with the endpoint and I can extract the response from the endpoint using extract message policy.

This sounds like the easiest way to do it!