How can we change the timeout value for the Developer Portal UI session ?

Not applicable

How can we change the timeout value for the Edge UI session ?

Currently by default if a user logged in on developer portal it remains active for days even if I close browser. how do I set up a session timeout on developer portal ?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
1 6 608
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Pravin ,

If your developer portal is hosted onprem, You can change settings.php with desired session expiry value. You can find more details here.

ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime',  2000000);

If you are on pantheon cloud, you can use Drupal Automated logout module / edit default.settings.php and change below value to desired value. More details here.

ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', 2000000);

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Pravin

Are you on cloud / onprem ?

onprem and version is : 4.15.07.xx

@Pravin ,

If your developer portal is hosted onprem, You can change settings.php with desired session expiry value. You can find more details here.

ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime',  2000000);

If you are on pantheon cloud, you can use Drupal Automated logout module / edit default.settings.php and change below value to desired value. More details here.

ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', 2000000);

@Anil Sagar

I'm currently working with @Pravin on this.

ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', 1800); 

It does not currently work as one would expect. The user session is timing out even though the user is actively working on it. Shouldn't it be timing out only after the specified period of inactivity?

This is for an on-prem instance. Do you have any other suggestions?

Not applicable

Thanks @Anil Sagar

edit settings.php

change ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', 2000000); change the "2000000" to whatever you want, in seconds. 0 will mean Drupal kills the cookie on browser exit.

Is there anyway you can set this in our environment since we don't have admin access to Drupal at this time?