How can I get ALL of check-in data using foursquare api on apigee console? (returns only 20),is there a limit for the number of check-ins I canget from foursqaure api?

Not applicable

Hi,

I registered with apigee in order to be able to collect my own check-in data on Foursquare. I used O Auth authentication but when I send the get request for my check-ins using apigee console, it only returns to me the recent 20 check-ins. Can you please let me know how can I get all of my check-ins (not only 20)?

I am not a developer but I need to get all my check-in data fro a research I am doing. Is there a simple way of downloading all of my check-in using this console?

I would really appreciate you help.

Many thanks!

Solved Solved
0 4 380
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@fofo , Welcome to Apigee community.

Looks like default API call provides recent 20 checkins, but you can configure the limit & offset using query params. It helps you navigate through paginated like results.

For example,

3521-foursquare.png

You can find more about same here. Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@fofo , Welcome to Apigee community.

Looks like default API call provides recent 20 checkins, but you can configure the limit & offset using query params. It helps you navigate through paginated like results.

For example,

3521-foursquare.png

You can find more about same here. Hope it helps.

I tried specifying the limit param in the 'header' tab but was not working. I typed it in the box as you have shown in the figure and it works. Many thanks. The limit can be up to 250 which is still good comparing to only 20. If anyone knows how to get them all, that would be perfect.

@fofo , No one provides all the information in one go in a single api. It will have impact on response payload size & performance. You need to build a script that makes repeated calls to get all the info you need in multiple API calls. As you can see, above API gives total count in response & you know the offset & limit. So, you can get all the data that you need by a simple script. Hope it helps.

I got it. Thanks a lot for your help 🙂