Hosted targets

Hello,
I'm having a bug that is affecting all my APIs that use hosted targets, the current versions of the hosted target apps work, but as soon as I implement a change, even if it is only a commentary, after the deploy when i call the API i always get a server error code 500. I've downloaded the hosted target app and it runs locally with no problems.
It seems that apigee can't build new version of the app.

Do you have an idea what the problem can be? @dchiesa1 

0 4 113
4 REPLIES 4

I cannot imagine what the problem might be.  I suggest that you immediately contact the Apigee support engineering team to get assistance investigating and diagnosing this behavior. 

Also, I recommend that you investigate Google Cloud Functions or Google Cloud Run.... these may be better ways to host your external logic. 

One other thing - there is a way to get/view the BuiLD LOGS for a Hosted Target API proxy.  That can sometimes get you part of the way toward diagnosis.  You can do that through the Edge Admin UI.  (Also API) 

The problem was resolved by updating the runtimeVersion field value from 10 to 18 in the app.yaml file.  Perhaps version 10 was deprecated?

Hmmm, sounds plausible!