Help! After trying to publish smartdocs all of the portal content disappeared ...

Not applicable

We are trying to experiment with manually entering some smartdocs until the swagger2 import is available. After rendering the smartdoc nodes and publishing those nodes following the smartdoc documentation on the Apigee help site, we noticed that the when we go to the URL associated with the smartdocs we only saw the title of the api and not any of the methods. We did the "Clear the SmartDocs HTML Caches" and that still did not work.

After this, we noticed that none of our portal data was showing.

Any idea what this could be?

Our dev portal is at: http://dev-tangoe.devportal.apigee.com/

We are trying to create a proof of concept so any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

...Ed

P.S. when I say the content disappears, I mean any data related content like blog posts, etc.

Solved Solved
0 7 452
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

It would appear that this was just a case of needing to flush caches. After I flushed them, your index pages showed up. Probably some of your other data has reappeared as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

I'm looking here:

http://dev-tangoe.devportal.apigee.com/procurement/apis/get/ping

and I'm seeing content.

However, it looks like the Drupal view that generates your documentation index is screwed up. I'll have a look at how it's supposed to be from the backend and I may be able to give you some hints on how to fix it by hand.

Thanks!!!

When I hit the link that you listed, I do get the ping API but like you said, I don't see anything when I go to the main page for this api (http://dev-tangoe.devportal.apigee.com/procurement/apis ).The weird thing is, that I lost other data on the site ... for instance, the home page to the dev portal had the Recent Blog Posts, Forum Discussions and APIs but now its just showing the headings.

Also, if you have any idea of what I might have done or how I might be able to fix this if it happens again would be appreciated.

Not applicable

It would appear that this was just a case of needing to flush caches. After I flushed them, your index pages showed up. Probably some of your other data has reappeared as well.

Thanks so much, I do see it working now.

The weird thing is, I did go to SmartDocs->Settings and I did click the "Clear SmartDocs HTML Caches" before I wrote this question and it didn't seem to work.

Any idea why this would be? Does it take a while for the cache to flush?

Also, does this button refresh all of the Caches (and not just the SmartDocs caches)?

or is there some other clear Cache button that I should be pressing?

Thanks again for your help with this, I guess I'm still confused as to how this is supposed to work.

Drupal is a finicky beast. Sometimes it just needs all its caches flushed. If you are logged in as an administrator, you can go to Configuration => Development => Performance and click the “Clear all caches” button. Or, if you have the admin menu module enabled, just mouse over the Home icon in the top left corner and select "Clear all caches" from the dropdown menu.

Great, thanks for the tip on the Configuration => Development => Performance and click the “Clear all caches”. This should help when we get into these weird situations. Thanks again for all the help and being so responsive ... I really appreciate it!

Not applicable

Excuse me for being late to the party, but this discussion just popped on my radar. We too had a support ticket in for this just a week or two ago. It appears that after rendering models, it is leaving that "content" view blank, and that is suggested above, you must "flush all caches". I hope that the "we should add that step to the rendering process" is followed up with and the feature is enhanced for future releases. It goes without saying that this is not a great UX, oops, I just said it. 🙂