Handle different encoding from backend service

Not applicable

My scenario:

We have two different service providers providing data through API. I am creating an API proxy using node.js application to call their services in parallel and combine/format the responses into a consistent format.

The problem is the two service providers' API are returning the response in different character encoding. One of them is returning charset=ISO8859-1; the other one is returning charset=UTF-8.

Both service response have some local language characters (Germany). When I simply combine both response and send it back in the response it become some invalid character in the response.

Has anybody handled this before? Is there any way to convert the response into UTF-8 using some node.js module?

Solved Solved
0 4 847
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

This is resolved by adding another proxy in front of the backend service.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@mmoodylee , Welcome to Apigee Community.

Can you please provide some sample data, Node.JS Code to understand it better & reproduce issue to find a solution for same ?

Not applicable

This is resolved by adding another proxy in front of the backend service.

zanwa

Mobile application is sending city name Pāhoa. First a has a dash on top. Apigee is converting this character to [](box). We have UTF-8 encoding. How can we fix this.

@mmoodylee Mobile application is sending city name Pāhoa. First a has a dash on top. Apigee is converting this character to [](box). We have UTF-8 encoding. How can we fix this.