Getting "message": "request entity too large", in HTTP POST Request

HI All,

I am trying to POST a 152 KB (155,648 bytes) size payload request and getting 413- "request entity too large. I have enabled the streaming at request side using(request.streaming.enabled to true). Using On premise Apigee with Version 4.16.09.01 and also same issue in AWS Apigee with version 4.17.05.01. And also changed the property conf_http_HTTPTransport.io.timeout.millis=300000 in message processor level. Can some one help me here with this issue?

Rgds, Mohan

0 7 7,761
7 REPLIES 7

You should be able to post 152 KB size payload as default configuration for the limit in Apigee Edge (Cloud) is 10 MB and for an OPDK installation is 3 MB.

• Please note that the request payload size is a system level property that is setup in the Message Processors. So modifying its value will affect all the API proxies that are part of an org/env associated with the Message Processors.

• In Edge for Private Cloud on-premises deployments, you can edit the message processor http.properties file to increase the limit in theHTTPRequest.body.buffer.limit parameter.
  • Recommended best practice is to use streaming for requests/responses if the request or response payload size is here. See Streaming requests and responses for more details.

Hi Mohana,

Could you please provide the sample you are testing ?

Thanks

Hi @Latheef and @Faij Ahmad Thanks for your reply. Please find the attached sample message and change the file extension from .txt to .json.test1.txt

I have posted the payload , it was success for me.

6470-large-payload.jpg

@Latheefis there any change in my shared payload? Why it is not working from my postman?

@mohana monangi i didn't change the payload, used the one you sent it. Can you share what is that you are getting in postman.

@Latheef Still I am facing the same issue. Please find the postman sample. we have onpremise apigee with 5-node architecture and the version is 4.16.09.01.mcedpro.png. Please verify.