Getting Dev Portal Accounts, *not* Developers

Is it possible to do one of the following?

1. Export a csv/similar of all Developer Portal Accounts and their active/inactive status, as can currently be done for Developers?
  2. Configure a developer portal to create new Developers as inactive, in addition to the associated Developer Portal Account?

My organization uses the built in Developer Portal, with New Accounts Require Approval == Yes to ensure that we can review requests before letting new devs into our community. We'd also like to use the portal accounts as a basis for outbound communications like release notes to keep approved users informed of news.

However, this doesn't seem to play nice due to the distinction between Developer Portal Accounts and Developers. The New Accounts Require Approval setting creates the Developer Portal Account in a state of Inactive, but the Developer itself is created as Active. On the admin side, I only see the ability to export a CSV of Developers, but using that file as a basis for comms would include all users who have ever requested access, not those whose access we had actually approved.

0 1 114
1 REPLY 1

There is no mechanism to export portal user account information today from the built-in identity provider.

Because "developer" resources are really just a parent to represent ownership of one or more applications, they aren't well-suited to the task either. Integrated portals creates a developer entity only when it is needed to represent an app owner relationship, meaning it is an inadequate proxy for developer contact information (especially considering the case where it maps to a developer-team in a portal).

At this time, I don't think there is a good way to address this. We do have plans to revisit the app ownership model later this year as well as to expose more APIs for portals that may help accomplish these tasks.