Forward Apigee access log to Stackdriver

Hi,

I'm trying to forward Apigee access logs to Stackdriver.

I've been able to install the Stackdriver Extension and attach a Connector and am able to send logs with say "{request.path}" to Stackdriver.

However, I wanted to know whether there's an out of the box way where I can send the "typical" access logs containing the Path, HTTP Verb, upstream's/target's HTTP response code, latency, User Agent etc. to Stackdriver?

I think I may be able to use the Flow Variables and piece together the items and emit a log in the Connector, however it's possible that either some items are not available or are not in scope in the response.

I think access logs for gateways are standard fare and am wondering whether there is any out of the box way in Apigee, to obtain them in a single log, per request?

Thank you.

0 1 92
1 REPLY 1

Hi,

I'm able to achieve this with a SharedFlow consisting of a Javascript policy and the Stackdriver ConnectorCallout.

The Javascript policy pieces the information from FlowVariables and makes it available to the ConnectorCallout in JSON which then forwards it to Stackdriver.

I think for the Apigee on premises version, the access log is available in /var or some such location on disk.

Isn't there any way to obtain this for Edge, without having to resort to custom Javascript policy?