For a simple Proxy to a backend service, should I be seeing analytics data for both Proxy Performance and Target Performance ?

Not applicable

I am a new user and to get started I first tried a simple node.js Hello World and could see Proxy Performance Analytics okay - great.

I then tried a simple Proxy to a backend service URL. I can run the API Proxy okay and get the expected results back okay. I can also Trace it okay but I do not see an data in the Performance tab. Similarly there is no data in the Analytics Proxy Performance screen. However I do see data in the Analytics Target Performance screen. Looking at the trace, the Proxy Post Client Flow "AX" step is getting a 200 "Analytics Data recorded okay". Should I be seeing both Proxy Performance data and Target Performance data, or just Target Performance data ?

Solved Solved
0 10 236
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can you check now/asap and see if the problem has gone away. There was a deployment glitch in the pipeline that was identified and fixed this afternoon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Dear @Mark Presland ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂 Ideally, You should see same. Are you sure you are in right environment while viewing Analytics ?

You should be seeing both Proxy and Target performance data.

Give it some time, sometimes it takes a few minutes sometimes a bit more to get the data populated.

It has been 24 hours since I first created it and I can see the Target Performance data for both Prod and Test. For Proxy Performance, the only data I see (in Prod & Test) is for my original node.js Hello World and there is nothing for the Proxy that uses the backend url. I've tried all different time ranges such as Week without luck too.

That does not sound right.

If you go to APIs->Analytics -> Do you see analytics there ?

Can you try to create a custom report and use Metrics as "Traffic" and if see if analytics is getting reported ?

Not applicable

APIs->Analytics -> only data from nodejs Hello World.

Custom Report for Traffic with Metric "Traffic" and Dimension "Proxy" -> no data

Custom Report for Traffic with Metric "Traffic" and Dimension "Proxy Base Path" -> yes data 253 hits and the Analysis button shows the time break down.

BTW I thought that the problem may have been related to me deleting the proxy and recreating it. However I've tried a new Proxy name and this has no Proxy Performance data either.... but it is using the same backend URL, so maybe there is a bug related to the backend URL and old deleted Proxy.

I am not sure what is happening. If you are comfortable you can add me to the org and I can take a look or ask support : apigee.com/about/support/request-support

Thanks. What e-mail and role should I add to my org ?

I am now seeing the same behaviour as well. Let me investigate further

Can you check now/asap and see if the problem has gone away. There was a deployment glitch in the pipeline that was identified and fixed this afternoon

Thanks, it now works okay. The analytics screens look impressive too. Fantastic.