FlowHook in PostClientFlow - Edge Public

Is the ability to do a FlowHook (FH) in the PostClientFlow (PCF) on the road map, and if so, when?  I thought I saw somewhere that this was in the works.

Trying to implement logging for every request and I need data that is available after the response is sent to the client... for example "call end time" which is needed to figure out call duration.

A shared flow (SF) could be a stop gap solution while waiting on the PCF FH feature.  I would need to police every proxy to make sure it refd the SF in the PCF.  If that is the recommendation, are there any tools to help automate this policing and/or reporting of some kind?

Also, I do not have any analytics experience, but can this be leveraged to pull out the raw unaggregated details for every request (maybe a cron job making calls to an analytics api every minute somehow avoiding duplicate hits...)? This does not seem natural for analytics but if someone has done this, any info would be appreciated.

Solved Solved
2 2 219
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi kwright0, we are using ApigeeX (migrating from Layer7) and we have the exact same issue for logging. We ended up adding logging Shared Flows to every proxy through our CI/CD, which is a pain to implement and maintain.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi kwright0, we are using ApigeeX (migrating from Layer7) and we have the exact same issue for logging. We ended up adding logging Shared Flows to every proxy through our CI/CD, which is a pain to implement and maintain.

That is something we are considering as well.  For now we flow hook it and make it operate as async as possible to not increase the duration of a call.