Error while installing edge 4.16.01 - Qpidd and Postgres

Hi,

I am trying to install apigee edge 4.16.01 - qpidd server and postgres (Analytics). I get the following error while running the below command to install analytics.

This is a 2 host installation. Analytics is being installed here.

/opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p sax -f /tmp/apigeeConfig.txt

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

--> Processing Dependency: libxerces-c-3.1.so()(64bit) for package: qpid-cpp-server-0.28-6.el7.centos.x86_64
---> Package qpid-proton-c.x86_64 0:0.7-4.el7.centos will be installed
---> Package xqilla.x86_64 0:2.2.4-7.el7 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: libxerces-c-3.1.so()(64bit) for package: xqilla-2.2.4-7.el7.x86_64
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: xqilla-2.2.4-7.el7.x86_64 (apigee-thirdparty)
           Requires: libxerces-c-3.1.so()(64bit)
Error: Package: qpid-cpp-server-0.28-6.el7.centos.x86_64 (apigee-thirdparty)
           Requires: libxerces-c-3.1.so()(64bit)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

Solved Solved
0 4 237
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

cfrias

Hi Ramnath,

I have seen this kind error occur during an installation when I have found myself with the need to execute the setup more than once. I have found that clearing the yum repository and uninstalling the packages installed up to that point tends to reset the OS environment and can be helpful in completing the installation.

Please try the following:

1. yum clean all
  2. yum remove -y apigee-* edge-* qpid-*
  3. Re-install the bootstrap using your apigee provided credentials.
  4. Re-run the setup: /opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p sax -f /tmp/apigeeConfig.txt

Please let us know if this helps.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

@Ramnath - this is more than likely caused by the repos not being available so the installer is unable to pull in the dependencies. I believe that particular rpm is in the epel repo.

Additionally, please ensure you also have the CentOS Extras repo enabled. libxerces-c is outside of the main repo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

cfrias

Hi Ramnath,

I have seen this kind error occur during an installation when I have found myself with the need to execute the setup more than once. I have found that clearing the yum repository and uninstalling the packages installed up to that point tends to reset the OS environment and can be helpful in completing the installation.

Please try the following:

1. yum clean all
  2. yum remove -y apigee-* edge-* qpid-*
  3. Re-install the bootstrap using your apigee provided credentials.
  4. Re-run the setup: /opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p sax -f /tmp/apigeeConfig.txt

Please let us know if this helps.

@Carlos Frias,

Thanks for your suggestion. I was able to complete the installation successfully.

Not applicable

@Ramnath - this is more than likely caused by the repos not being available so the installer is unable to pull in the dependencies. I believe that particular rpm is in the epel repo.

Additionally, please ensure you also have the CentOS Extras repo enabled. libxerces-c is outside of the main repo.

@Andy - Yes, the installer was not installing the missing dependecies which was the libxerces rpm. I installed it separately and it worked.