Error uploading swagger to create api proxy

Hi,

I am trying to create a api proxy by uploading a swagger json file from a hosted server. But I get the below error

Error using OpenAPI: Bad Request.

On checking the logs , I see the below line

sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Can someone provide more details on the above error ? I believe the error is occuring during SSL handshake , but more details on this will help.

Thanks

0 2 375
2 REPLIES 2

Without more details to go with and based on the text in the error message, I'd say it looks indeed to be something with the certificate being returned by your server where the spec is hosted.

Try validating the certificate and make sure that it is a valid one.

Even by placing the url in your browser would already serve as some basic validation as your browser should also point anything wrong with the certificate.

The error occurs due to the certificate that does not exist in your truststore. hence fails to connect to the target server as Apigee does not trust the certificate. For this issue, you need to upload the target server certificate to truststore and then configure target server in Apigee for One-way SSL as per the instructions here.

For more information refer http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/keystores-and-truststores