Edit Configuration Variables

Not applicable

Hello All,

I am seeing a weird issue with one of our oauth proxy. It is trying to get auth from a node which doesn't exist. Here are the examples:

This goes to the correct one

X-Apigee.router.host correct-dns-hostname.example.com

but

proxy.url http://wrong-dns-hostname.example.com:port/oauth/refreshToken

How do I correct this.

One of the router nodes was resolving to 2 different dns, correct one and the wrong one. I have removed the wrong DNS entry but I still see requests trying to do oauth using the wrong DNS. 5% of our refreshToken request are failing saying no refreshToken but I am sure that the refreshToken is in the header. I am assuming that the above missconfiguration is the issue.

Please advise.

0 3 159
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Satyajit Roy Choudhury

Can you clarify pls?

> what is this, where did you get this from? X-Apigee.router.host correct-dns-hostname.example

and same here,

> where did you get this from? proxy.url http://wrong-dns-hostname.example.com:port/oauth/refreshToken

> One of the router nodes was resolving to 2 different dns - is this on prem?

> I still see requests trying to do oauth using the wrong DNS - are clients making calls to wrong domain name?

> 5% of our refreshToken request are failing saying no refreshToken but I am sure that the refreshToken is in the header - do you see any errors in the proxy? did trace help?

Not applicable

I got the following from TRACE.

Under Request Header Section

X-Apigee.router.host - Show me correct hostname name

but

From Properties section

proxy.url - show me the wrong URL (I mean with non-exsiting hostname)

Not applicable

Hi @Satyajit Roy Choudhury, I don't think that's an issue in your case. If you see the host alias that you configured in your Host header you should be good.

The hostname that you see in the proxy.url is for internal processing. AFAIK the ELB routes to routers on a specific fqdn and based on the API call, it sets the fqdn in the request as Host header and routes to routers.