Developer payment in APIgee

I have a question about if I use APIgee to sell my API product, how the developer payment process work: Is that the developers need to transfer to their APIgee balance and APIgee will charge the fee of their balance when they buy my API product and transfer it to my APIgee balance, so I can withdraw at anytime? Or they need to transfer directly to my third-party account?

If it is the second, how APIgee knows the status that my customer get paid for my product to let them use

Solved Solved
0 2 176
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you use Apigee to directly "monetize" your APIs,  you will accept payments directly from developers when they sign up, in the developer portal.  You can see an example of what this might look like in ... for example the Tomtom developer portal. It lays out pricing plans and presents an e-commerce interface. 

When you charge developers $$ for your APIs, Apigee or Google does not participate in that transaction. Apigee helps you manage the transaction but does not manage the funds.  That's up to you to sort out.  Some people have used Stripe to accept payments, Some have used Worldpay. 

As for "how Apigee knows" - this is managed through the e-commerce experience.  You can read about the options here in the documentation for Apigee monetization.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you use Apigee to directly "monetize" your APIs,  you will accept payments directly from developers when they sign up, in the developer portal.  You can see an example of what this might look like in ... for example the Tomtom developer portal. It lays out pricing plans and presents an e-commerce interface. 

When you charge developers $$ for your APIs, Apigee or Google does not participate in that transaction. Apigee helps you manage the transaction but does not manage the funds.  That's up to you to sort out.  Some people have used Stripe to accept payments, Some have used Worldpay. 

As for "how Apigee knows" - this is managed through the e-commerce experience.  You can read about the options here in the documentation for Apigee monetization.

Is that Tomtom developer portal built in the APIgee developer portal?