Deploying a proxy to an environment that doesn't have any message processes running

What would expected behavior be if you deploy a proxy to an environment that doesn't have any message processes running from an edge-ui perspective. We are seeing successful deploys and green circle in an edge for private cloud installation. Would expect a failure and red triangle. Just would like to understand what behavior should occur in that situation.

Thanks.

0 3 127
3 REPLIES 3

the environment "exists" but has no MPs. This is not an invalid state.

"Deploying" just causes all MPs in the environment to "run" the API Proxy. "all MPs in the environment" in your case is the empty set. Therefore it is working correctly. A green triangle doesn't mean there are MPs.

It seems like you have a broken environment configuration, if you have zero MPs. The UI is not in error. Seems like a setup problem on your side.

Thanks. This environment does have 2 MPs associated with it. We have the edge-message-processor processes stopped however on both of them. What should be expected behavior if both message processors are stopped and you deploy to that environment or have already deployed to that environment from a edge-ui status of the proxy?

I don't know the answer to that. I suppose you could inquire with APigee Support.

It sounds like you want the Edge UI to inform you that your MPs have died. That would be nice to have, I guess. But I think you need a separate process health monitoring approach, rather than relying on the UI to inform you.

But anyway Apigee Support will be able to give you closer guidance.