Deleting an organization in private cloud

Not applicable

I am trying to delete the organization using the documentation. But , I got a message like.

{
  "code" : "servers.binding.RemovePodsBeforeDelete",
  "message" : "There are pods associated with organization XXXXXX. Remove them before deleting",
  "contexts" : [ ]

So, later I tried to disassociate the pods. But the response I got is

{
  "contexts" : [ ]
}

and nothing is changing, Any ideas?

0 3 253
3 REPLIES 3

I suggest that you check with Apigee Support.

Hi @Unni Krishnan

Below are the sequence of steps we need to do before deleting an organization.

• Un-deploy all the proxies and shared flows in the respective environments in the organization.
  • Delete all virtual hosts in the respective environments in the organization.
  • Dis-associate the message processors from the environments under the organization.
  • Clean-up the analytics of the environments under the organization.
  • Delete the environments under the organization.

I have performed this steps on private cloud and it was successful.

If you haven't performed any of the above steps , please do it .

Now coming to your issue , at which step you are facing the issue ?

Thanks,

Latheef D

I created an organization "XYZ" and then decided to delete the organization and delete environments named "dev" and "sit". As part of organization deletion, I deleted virtual host, environment and disassociated an organization from a pod. Finally when I tried to delete an organization through the management API call the response is

{ "code": "organizations.OrganizationDoesNotExist", "message": "Organization : XYZ does not exist", "contexts": [] }

When I logged into edge-ui, I could still see the organization as well the environment named "dev" are present and environment "sit" deleted successfully.

http://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/v1/organizations/XYZ (GET call)

Response:

{ "createdAt": 1543590692901, "createdBy": "apigee.admin@example..com", "displayName": "XYZ", "environments": ["dev"], "lastModifiedAt": 1543590692901, "lastModifiedBy": "apigee.admin@example.com", "mdc": { "first": "org", "second": "XYZ" }, "name": "XYZ", "properties": {"property": []}, "type": "paid" }

Please provide the inputs on resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Vijay.