Customising the Add App page in Apigee Edge

I'd like to change some buttons in out portal run by Apigee Edge. Many of the developers are having trouble with the wording around "add/create a new app", because as far as they understand they already have an app on their computer and don;'t want to Crete a new one, just to get a key for using their app wroth our API. I can't find any documentation about modifying the "New App" page. Is it possible?

0 6 191
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, in the Drupal-based portal, there's a way to specify the keyword used for apps or keys.

See quick screencast here.

If that's not satisfactory you can modify the templates for the various pages. That's a little more involved and requires modifying PHP code.

Is the Drupal-based portal the one Apigee hosts through Edge? We're not hosting it locally

The portals you can create with a few clicks from within the Administrative UI ... we call the "integrated portal". And that's not the Drupal-based portal.

I am assuming you're talking about the integrated portal and not an externally hosted Drupal portal. You might be able to get it changed by adding your own custom javascript to the portal (in the Settings section) and the script can search and replace the text you want. I have not tried this myself, so ymmv.

That's crazy enough it might just work. Thanks for the idea

Good luck 🙂 Let me know if it works