Custom tab in Analytics Dashboard does not refresh when you refresh the browser

On Apigee Analytics Dashboard under the Proxy Performance section, select the time frame under the "Custom" as one day with hourly traffic. It does not refresh the traffic or any other charts when you refresh the browser. We have to close the browser and go back to the Custom tab page again in order to have the latest traffic to show up on the chart. The refresh button on the page doesn't work.

However, if you select the "Hour" tab and then click on the refresh button , you can observe that latest data.

Can someone please look into this issue ?

Solved Solved
0 3 237
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

Hello Amar,

There are several things happening here:

1. The refresh button in the time range picker only updates the range if the selected tab is Hour, Day or Week. In the case of “custom” the refresh button will rolad the data, but will not change the range, hence you will see no difference.

2. The “custom” range is “rounded” to midnight.

3. You don’t need to close the browser to “update” a custom range, but because it will not be affected by the refresh button, if you want to change the ending time, you will need to select any other time range tab and then select back custom.

4. Time ranges are built trying to maximize cache usage, and will be rounded to the closest complete unit. For example, if the time unit is Hour, and at a given point you are at 14:37, the range will end at 14:00.

5. Every time you reload the page, refresh the browser or close it, the range will be reset to its default value (the default will depend on the specific page you are in).

I hope this helps to clarify the behavior you are seeing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Hello Amar,

There are several things happening here:

1. The refresh button in the time range picker only updates the range if the selected tab is Hour, Day or Week. In the case of “custom” the refresh button will rolad the data, but will not change the range, hence you will see no difference.

2. The “custom” range is “rounded” to midnight.

3. You don’t need to close the browser to “update” a custom range, but because it will not be affected by the refresh button, if you want to change the ending time, you will need to select any other time range tab and then select back custom.

4. Time ranges are built trying to maximize cache usage, and will be rounded to the closest complete unit. For example, if the time unit is Hour, and at a given point you are at 14:37, the range will end at 14:00.

5. Every time you reload the page, refresh the browser or close it, the range will be reset to its default value (the default will depend on the specific page you are in).

I hope this helps to clarify the behavior you are seeing.

Not applicable

I don't know if I am doing this right, but it seems to not work that way. I set the date range (in this case it's the same day) using the Custom tab. The time is 11:00am. I want to refresh the data now that it's 11:30am or 12:00pm. I click on one of the other tabs such as Hour, Day, or Week. Then I go back to Custom (again selecting the same day) and the data should be refreshed. However, it doesn't. It still contains the same data that was there at 11:00am.

Dear @Scott.Lucas,

I tried in your org and also in couple of other orgs and here is what I have observed:

1. The data in the Custom tab seems to get refreshed 30 mins past every hour

2. I selected the data for today in Custom tab around 8pm IST. The data was shown until 7-30pm.

3. I clicked on tab Hour, then went back to Custom (again selected today). The data did not get refreshed.

4. Around 9pm IST, I repeated step #3 and noticed that the data in Custom got refreshed and it was displayed till 8-30pm.

In Custom tab, I can see the data does refreshed 30mins past every hour provided you go back to some other tab and come back to Custom and select date range that includes current day (today) as part of it. Can you please re-check again ?

If you are still seeing the problem, can you please send the screenshots showing the problem ?