Creating an API proxy to convert json to XML

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to create an API that would take a JSON string as input and then convert it into an XML as the output.
Any leads would be appreciated.!

Thanks in advance.!

Solved Solved
0 5 621
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@appleAppy - Dino and mkdunker have created some nice tutorials and write ups here and here on this topic. I'd suggest reviewing those and when you're up and running see the docs page for the JSONtoXML policy here to understand the full set of functionality available.

If you'd like to try out the JSONtoXML policy you can use a 'No Target' proxy to test out the functionality, Dino's screen-cast here covers this. The Apigee UI has changed since then but I'm sure you can follow along.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes,  it is possible by using JSONToXML Policy.
I am Attaching the Postman 
Screenshot

SakshiSinghal_0-1662725943153.png

Hope this helps. 

Hi Sakshi, thank you very much for the reply.

Can I achieve this by creating a SOAP service or reverse proxy? 
Also, can you help me with an example?

appleAppy_0-1663039465442.png

I am fairly new to this and learning. Any working example or any example would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.!

Apology for the delay !!! 
I think you have come to the solution now👍

@appleAppy - Dino and mkdunker have created some nice tutorials and write ups here and here on this topic. I'd suggest reviewing those and when you're up and running see the docs page for the JSONtoXML policy here to understand the full set of functionality available.

If you'd like to try out the JSONtoXML policy you can use a 'No Target' proxy to test out the functionality, Dino's screen-cast here covers this. The Apigee UI has changed since then but I'm sure you can follow along.

Thank you for the help 🙂