Could not create portal - You must be an org admin to perform this function

Not applicable

I am new to APIGEE EDGE and while doing the Lab exercises mentioned at https://github.com/apigee/DevJam/tree/master/Lab%20Guides/Lab%203%20-%20Publish%20APIs , I am getting an error while creating the developer portal --

Could not create portal - You must be an org admin to perform this function

Can anyone confirm if developer portal is available for FREE accounts?

0 7 191
7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

@Anil Sagar,Could you please answer the above ? A lot of us are looking for an answer to the above query..

@Dibyajyoti Mishra , Can you please attach a screenshot ?

Image shown below : 4067-devportalerror.png

There is a known issue that does not allow you to create portals if you have a mixed case email address. We are planning to release this fix this Wednesday December 14th 2016.

To see if you are affected, click the dropdown next to your name on the top left of the screen to make sure you have the role "Organization Administrator" for the organization:

4064-testorg-role.png

As you can see, I have the "Organization Administrator" role for the org and should be able to create portals. If you still get the "Could not create portal, you must be an org admin" error, you are affected by this bug.

If you want to try creating a portal before the fix goes out, you will need to sign up for an account with a different email address and make sure to enter the email address during account creation in lower case.

@Chris Novak Thank you for the clarification.We were wondering why its working for some and not for others!!! Your comment explains it all..We shall wait for the fix.

Its working now. Thank you.!!

I apologize that I forgot to update this post. The release is now out, glad to know things are working now for you.