Convert Apigee Portal to Marketplace

Hey so I'm new to GCP/Apigee. I've created an Apigee Portal for publishing APIs. I also went through the Hello World example so currently that is my only API inside the portal (this is all in an eval enviro). My question is what configuration do I need for the portal to act as a marketplace once I add a bunch of more APIs? For instance my vision is that a developer comes in, views APIs, can test them in the portal, but real access isn't given without a purchase taking place.

I saw some documentation that seemed to suggest this wasn't possible using the integrated Apigee portal & that Drupal was required, does that mean I am recreating this with Drupal to gain the additional functionality? What is my best course of action here?

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 1 372
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I saw some documentation that seemed to suggest this wasn't possible using the integrated Apigee portal & that Drupal was required, does that mean I am recreating this with Drupal to gain the additional functionality?

Unfortunately, yes. Today there is no support for Monetized APIs in the Integrated Developer portal. There IS support for monetized APIs in the Drupal modules. If you want to use Apigee monetization, then you need to be using Drupal, today.  If you have a separate, simple license fee, you could conceivably connect that into the integrated devportal via an iframe etc, collect payment, and then allow dispensing of API keys.  But that's something you'd have to build yourself, and it would be independent of the Apigee monetization feature set. 

Does this help?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I saw some documentation that seemed to suggest this wasn't possible using the integrated Apigee portal & that Drupal was required, does that mean I am recreating this with Drupal to gain the additional functionality?

Unfortunately, yes. Today there is no support for Monetized APIs in the Integrated Developer portal. There IS support for monetized APIs in the Drupal modules. If you want to use Apigee monetization, then you need to be using Drupal, today.  If you have a separate, simple license fee, you could conceivably connect that into the integrated devportal via an iframe etc, collect payment, and then allow dispensing of API keys.  But that's something you'd have to build yourself, and it would be independent of the Apigee monetization feature set. 

Does this help?