Consumer key changing unexpectedly

Not applicable

For one of our developer apps the consumer key keeps changing unexpectedly. This is happening roughly every week, and I can't see any logs of it being changed. Is there a way I can see if someone has changed the key, or has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks

0 7 151
7 REPLIES 7

@extranetapigee , Welcome to Apigee Community.

That's strange. I don't think keys get regenerated automatically until unless someone regenerated key using Edge UI / Using Management API call.

You can track same in Audit logs using Organization History in Apigee Edge management UI. Hope it helps. Keep us posted if any.

@Anil Sagar thanks for your message. The only thing I can think that is changing it could be an API call, so I'll have a dig through our automation code. Otherwise it's a mystery as there is nothing in the audit logs!

@extranetapigee , I believe all API calls are recorded in Audit logs. If you can pinpoint time & date , Audit logs should through some details like who changed etc. Yep, It's a good idea to check your automation code. Do you see this behavior for a particular app ? If yes, You can search by app name / app id in your automation code to find out root cause. Keep us posted.

@Anil Sagar I've actually tracked this back further now and its not the consumer key that is changing, but a key value map. It has happened again today and I can't see anything in the audit logs (I'm looking under "Organization History"). Are there other audit logs that maybe I've not found yet?

Thanks

@extranetapigee , I see update KVM related API calls in audit log in your org.

3625-sadsadsadsa.png

Are there other audit logs that maybe I've not found yet? - I don't think so.

@extranetapigee , Yes, There are few things unclear here. I spoke to few members in engineering team and unable to get complete details. I would suggest logging a support ticket to get more details.

@Anil Sagar Hi Anil, those audit log messages are myself changing the value back to what it should be. The KVM has changed somehow between me changing it yesterday and today