Connection between Edge Router and Message processor

Hello Team,

I got a wierd doubt.

This is regarding the Edge router and MP reachability.

Public cloud(saas):

We will get cname by default when we associate mp into an environment ,we create a virtual host with some hostalias so that when we trigger a request hostalias will resolve to the cname and reach the MP.

Private cloud (opdk):

We create a virtual host hostalias to edge router ip address and port.In this case how edge router get to know to which MP it needs to route.

Example:

I have one router and two mps, how router know where to route and how to route.

How both will communicate, we are configuring any where?if yes, please let me know where we are doing.

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 3 378
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, like I mentioned, when an MP is wired to an org/env, router in the same org automatically sets up appropriate vhosts to send requests to upstream message proceessors. There is no config file where an end user needs to do this mapping.

You can check router's routing configs by looking at configuration files generated by Apigee under /opt/nginx/conf.d. Remember that these config files are generated by Edge Router and shouldn't be manually modified.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The virtual host hostalias and any routing to this is primarily to ensure that a request lands on the Edge router. Once the request lands on the Edge router on a specific virtual host, router directs requests to Edge Message processors which are associated with the same Apigee organization and Apigee Environment.

If 2 Message Processors are associated to an organization and environment, any request landing on Edge router's virtual host associated with the same organization and environment is forwarded to the 2 MPs in round robin manner.

@neeldey Thank you for your reply.

Where we are giving configuration connection between router and MP to route requests.is it in config file?

Thanks in advance!

No, like I mentioned, when an MP is wired to an org/env, router in the same org automatically sets up appropriate vhosts to send requests to upstream message proceessors. There is no config file where an end user needs to do this mapping.

You can check router's routing configs by looking at configuration files generated by Apigee under /opt/nginx/conf.d. Remember that these config files are generated by Edge Router and shouldn't be manually modified.