Configure TLS for Apigee X with a specific host

Hi I would like to know where can I find documentation for Apigee X for configuring TLS for a host in Apigee X , and is it possible to use a self signed certificate.

I have just get documentation for backends, southbound and not northbound

https://cloud.google.com/apigee/docs/api-platform/system-administration/options-configuring-tls

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
1 2 406
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Community Member
Not applicable

In Apigee X, northbound TLS termination is done by Google Cloud Load Balancers and not in the Apigee product itself. See this article on Apigee X architecture. The eval provisioning wizard from Apigee automatically configures this load balancer (and sets it up with a Google managed certificate). You can add the custom certs to the same load balancer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Member
Not applicable

In Apigee X, northbound TLS termination is done by Google Cloud Load Balancers and not in the Apigee product itself. See this article on Apigee X architecture. The eval provisioning wizard from Apigee automatically configures this load balancer (and sets it up with a Google managed certificate). You can add the custom certs to the same load balancer.

@Former Community Member if we were to use  Internal Load Balancer for TLS termination for Apigee X traffic originating from internal network , is this ILB must be of type HTTPS (we can add a host cert on LB) ?

How can we work with a ILB of type TCP ?