Cannot publish an api proxy. I don't see my api proxy in the list to publish.

Hi!

I have created an api proxy. When I add the Verify API Key policy to default proxy endpoint preflow I do not have the option to Publish API product as in the documentation. I also don't see the product listed in my publish > portals > portal name > apis > +api. I'm on 60 day eval. Not sure if I have the privileges. Any help much appreciated. Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 1 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You said in your title "cannot PUBLISH an API Proxy." That's right, you can't. "Publish" is a thing you do with API Products, not with API Proxies.

You need to take care to distinguish between Proxy and Product. They're not the same.

A Product is the unit of exposure.

A Proxy contains the operational instructions (policies) like VerifyAPIKey, and so on.

They are not the same thing.

Watch this video for how to create an API Product, wrapping a particular API Proxy.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You said in your title "cannot PUBLISH an API Proxy." That's right, you can't. "Publish" is a thing you do with API Products, not with API Proxies.

You need to take care to distinguish between Proxy and Product. They're not the same.

A Product is the unit of exposure.

A Proxy contains the operational instructions (policies) like VerifyAPIKey, and so on.

They are not the same thing.

Watch this video for how to create an API Product, wrapping a particular API Proxy.