Cannot create custom domain for portal

Not applicable
I am trying to create a custom domain for my portal.

1. I head to settings -> custom domains
  2. I click the button "create a keystore"
  3. I create a keystore
  4. I return to settings -> custom domains Nothing is changed. It still wants me to create a keystore.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 15 294
15 REPLIES 15

Not applicable

I should note, this is all for the cloud installation

When you create the keystore, can you verify it is under the "portal" environment? You can change the environment on the top of the environments page.

Not applicable

Yes it is.

Although, interestingly if I go to the Environments tab directly and click the dropdown for which environment, "portal" is not an option.

Instead, I need to go to directly to it by clicking "Create a Keystore" from the portal settings.

Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of your tls keystone screen for the portals enivironment? This would help us see what the issue might be.

Sure - you can see the attached.

7366-screen-shot-2018-08-28-at-42300-pm.png

So it looks like this keystore was created with the certificate but without the key. In order for the keystore to be used by portals it needs both the certificate and the key to be uploaded. I would delete this keystore (developers.xaqt.com) and recreate it and when you create the alias in the new keyestore, set the certificate details to be "Key and Certificate" (see screen shot) and upload both files when you save the alias. Once this is complete, the keystore will be available in the custom domain settings for your portal.

Thanks

-Sean

keystore.png

Ah - thanks so much. This seems to have been the issue.

I now have it working, but I cannot get it to use my certificate. Instead it's still sending with the apigee certificate, so my browser throws errors.

Any thoughts?

Back in the portal settings for domains do you have two green checks for custom domains and configure dns when you click ‘enable’?

7371-screen-shot-2018-08-30-at-95211-am.png

Yes I do, as you can see by the photo above. Any thoughts?

Lets try to rebuild the custom domain store again....if you click disable, wait for the success dialog and then click enable and wait for the success dialog, lets see what happens.

Thanks

-Sean

I've tried that a couple times, and just did again. No luck.

I wonder if something is wrong with my cert, but everything appears okay.

Is the org this domain is in "xaqt"? If not, can you let me know what org it is in....also, do you mind if we add ourselves as an org admin of that org to troubleshoot this issue?

Sean, that is the correct org and yes, we are okay with that.

Thanks.

Issue should now be resolved. When I load your portal, it loads with your certificate correctly.

Once the issue with the keystore was resolved, things should have started working fine, but we had another issue with a router config not getting updated. We needed to restart the router to fix that. It should have updated automatically and changes in the future will be updated automatically moving forward.

Thanks

-Sean

Thanks, Sean! Everything looks great.