Canary deployment on apigee edge

I would like to perform canary deployment on apigee API level.

I found out a article for the same but for amazon api gateway https://docs.aws.amazon.com/apigateway/latest/developerguide/canary-release.html 

So is there a way to perform the canary deployment/ phased release on apigee edge

0 2 448
2 REPLIES 2

For canary deployment of upstream systems, you can do that in Apigee - using a KVM or other store for the weightings, and a JavaScript step to select the upstream. We have produced some examples showing how to do this.  Here's one. It's older, I need to update it.  (specifically uses usergrid for a store of configuration information, and usergrid is no longer supported)   I'll get on that, update it to use the KVM for storing the weights.  Maybe someone else here has a suggestion for a more current example. 

Hi @dchiesa1  I was loking for something like blue green deployment on API level instead of backend.

Something like : we can have two prod environments in our apigee edge ProdA and ProdB , we deploy new changes in Prod A and Prod B is having old changes . So network team can send small percentage of traffic to prod A  for us to verify the changes. 

Or may be deploy the changes only in one server or pod and verify it, if all looks good the deploy it to all the servers/pods