Can we use API hub to connect with 3rd party?

Can we use API hub to connect with 3rd party API gateways like KONG or Akamai &  then fetch the APIs present on there portal & display them to API hub?

1 5 158
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Sundaram, thanks for the question (note: it was moved to a separate topic). API hub is a tool for aggregating API information in one place. It does not know how to talk directly to those systems, but because it has a robust API, you should be able to integrate with those systems (assuming they have APIs). 

I guess "integrate with those systems" means, construct a tool or script that would slurp out information from the other system, and then load that information into API Hub.  Is that about right? 

Exactly! 

My opinion.

We should think outside any api gateway context & loosely couple so that these  api contracts can be observed from a repo etc for easy catalog.

In general if you are following contract first strategy then it should be simple to categorize the api's into experience,process & system api's

It would have been  little interesting if you asked can it integrate with repo like gitlab,github,bitbucket,s3 etc to pull contract (standard open api) for api observability. It can go deeper from product,groups,teams,domain,systems involved etc but it is great that a tool is launched and sure it will catchup the trend which will ease & help consolidate/organize information about all of the APIs.

Note that you can integrate it with source code management tools like GitHub and others. I'd suggest treating the API description document (e.g., OpenAPI) like a deployable artifact. When you build and deploy any code, also push the formal description of the API into API hub as part of your CI/CD workflow.