Can we have dev portal for each Test and prod

Not applicable

Hi, we are wondering if we can have two different portal for Each Test and prod.

Edge : https://enterprise.apigee.com/platform/demo9/apis

Dev Portal : http://dev-pointclickcareapis.devportal.apigee.com/

If we deploy on Test, we wanted to see the changes only on Test dev portal, and if we deploy on Portal, we wanted to see the changed only on Prod dev portal.

thanks

0 4 610
4 REPLIES 4

Former Community Member
Not applicable
@HariniJayaraman

When you say "deploy on test", did you mean developer portal content? If so, then you can create multiple developer portals and have a migration path from "test" developer portal to "prod" developer portal.

Within API Products, there is a setting that determines which environment the product is available for. You might want to look into that.

In the developer portal, if you go to Configuration->Dev Portal->Applications Settings, you can select which environment's analytics should be shown.

Nope, I am talking about Deploy to Test / prod from Edge. Sorry i should have mentioned it.

Currently we have only one dev portal which takes all the changes for test and prod environment. I am expecting to see the changes sent to test environment only on test dev portal and changes pushed to Prod env only on prod dev portal. Is that possible?

For example, please find the attached screenshot. i created 2 prod - Testing prod which is deployed only to Prod. Another product named " Testing test prod" which is deployed only to test. But if i go to dev portal , I see both.prod-prduct.pngtestprod.pngdevportal-prodlist.png

adas

@HariniJayaraman No. The developer portal is not aware of "env" it simply understands "org". So all the data that you create like developers, app, apiproducts etc in that org would be visible. I don't think there's an ability to filter data based on environment, and that's not the intent either.

@HariniJayaraman ,

There is a workaround to solve this problem by leveraging "DevConnect Limit API Product by Role" module in Apigee Developer Portal.

Enable above said module in developer portal from "admin/modules" page & then navigate to "admin/config/devconnect/apiproduct-access" to configure which products you would like to display in App Creation page.

Uncheck all prod products in test developer portal & test products in live developer portal manually. It's a one time change that you have to do.

By default, you get three instances of developer portal, dev , test , live. dev-yourorg , test-yourorg, live-yourorg. You can manage same by signing into your pantheon account.

2857-screen-shot-2016-06-04-at-94505-pm.png

If you have Drupal Module development expertise, you can write a small custom module to do this. See related answer here.

Hope it helps.